Tuesday 1 May 2018

Ipoh Town Hall Seen In Different Lights

Whenever I am at the Ipoh Railway Station, I will take the opportunity to walk around hoping to get some nice snapshots. I happened to be there last week, and I was early. It was about 6.25 pm and I saw a few young people posing and taking photographs. I took some pictures of the post office building and also the town hall building. Many times I have taken pictures of these buildings.
6.28 pm
The Ipoh town hall is a beautiful and impressive building facing the Ipoh Railway Station. It was designed by the Government Architect, Arthur Benison Hubback (1871-1948) with Neo-Renaissance Victorian style, surmounted with colossal Greek and Roman columns. It was constructed by British East India Company in 1913 and completed the building in 1916. 

 7.22 pm
When the place is lighted up - looks so different!
 An antique photo of the town hall.
The day started with a gloomy morning sky at 8 am.
Sweet and pretty frangipani flowers to cheer up the day.


Is there any such thing as Christians cheering each other up?
Do you love me enough to want to help me?
Does it mean anything to you that we are brothers in the Lord,
sharing the same Spirit? Are your hearts tender and sympathetic at all?
Then make me truly happy by loving each other and
agreeing wholeheartedly with each other,
working together with one heart and mind and purpose.
(Philippians 2:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Whether it's day or light up, it's nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very majestic building, i like the lighted up view of 7.22pm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! The lighted one is my favourite!

      Delete
  3. the townhall looks different from the antique photo. was it rebuilt or just renovated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they did some renovation to the original building.

      Delete
  4. ...now that building has style! They sure don't build them like that today. The frangipani flowers is cheering up my day. Thanks Nancy for sharing, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is an impressive and beautiful building. I'll bet it's just as impressive inside as it is outside.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7.22 pm
    When the place is lighted up - looks so different! It's so beautiful. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful architecture! Gorgeous photos. And I love the plumeria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful, impressive structure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The town hall is beautiful! It even has pretty trees around it. I like all the flags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely building, thanks for sharing. I love frangipani :-) Take care iane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the interesting post, dear) Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Es bonito el edificio y iluminado me encanta. Feliz mes de mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting to compare these photos!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/04/saints-among-us-then-and-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the European style of the building. It was even more impressive in the evening when it was lighted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! First time I get to snap a lighted pic of the building.

      Delete
  15. It does look nice. I believe I never bothered to look at it much previously... not into buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! Beautiful pictures of the town hall

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know Ipoh was a place. I've seen it associated to a company which owns some Sydney shopping centres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ipoh used to be a mining town but now tourists are coming for its good food!

      Delete
  18. Very impressive building, it looked stunning all lit up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful capture and wonderful angles and lighting on the pretty white town hall! East India Company has also built some marvellous white building in my city, Chennai, with 380 years of history. I like your neat street view

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...