Tuesday 8 May 2018

Early Dinner At Restoran Yan Ming, Ipoh.

We have almost forgotten about this restaurant that we used to patronize until my son mentioned it during our conversation. Two evenings ago, I suggested going to Restoran Yan Ming for dinner. It was still early at about 6.30 pm but the place was filled except for a table outside on the five foot way.
I asked whether they serve curry and the staff recommended Nyonya curry. I didn't want the Tilapia fish, so I opted for the Threadfin fish. 
The Threadfin fish was fried and served with Nyonya curry and sliced okra.
Hubby and I both enjoyed this dish very much.
Sambal belacan fried water spinach in a clay pot.
This was our dinner for 2 people.
Our day started with this sunrise at 7.30 am.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
Took these snapshots when we were at Lim Kopi cafe.
Antique metal chairs as flower stands.
Antique aluminium kettle as a flower pot and an aluminium basin as a stand. I have one of this aluminium kettle and I like the idea of using it as a flower pot.


Although God's promise still stands -
his promise that all may enter his place of rest -
we ought to tremble with fear because
some of you may be on the verge of failing to get there after all.
(Hebrews 4:1, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. The Threadfin fish looks thin. Won't be enough for me alone as I like to eat fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish was just enough for both of us as hubby eats very little fish.

      Delete
  2. I like those plants and having the kettle as a flower pot is so quaint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to make good use of the kettle instead of throwing it away!

      Delete
  3. Love that sky shot, beautiful. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...just about anything can be used for a flower pot. Thanks Nancy for sharing, enjoy your week and I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me I need to do some plant repotting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much work waiting for me to do in the garden!

      Delete
  6. Loved the kettle planted up so simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fish doesn't look like it has much meat on it for two people. Weren't you and your husband still hungry? See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just enough for a light dinner. Hubby not a great fish fan!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful decoration of pots and nice use of antique chairs there! Nice sunrise image

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seem to visit you in the morning before I have anything to eat. Your food makes my stomach growl and my mouth drool. That's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have good appetite for your breakfast!

      Delete
  10. Hola Nancy, la comida tiene un aspecto muy muy rico y las fotos son preciosas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an early eater. I like early dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Lim Kopi Cafe decorations and plants, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Todo esta precioso. Buena tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sunrise is my favorite, it is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really interesting post) Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always nice to rediscover a good restaurant that you've forgotten.

    Love the aluminum.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the garden. Reuse and invent new garden tool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy dish! Good idea of keeping plants in the teapot:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like repurposing the kettle to display flowers. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks especially tasty to me this week!
    Thanks for joining up this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/strange-sights.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Agree that too much tilapia can get boring.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...