Saturday 13 January 2018

Invitation To Friend's Home Cooked Dinner

It is wonderful when you have friends that can cook well and a blessing to have them invite you over to enjoy their cooking. I have here 2 sets of photos from 2 separate dinner invitations which were a few months old but never too late to post about them for sweet memories.

On these two occasions, hubby and I plus another couple of husband and wife were invited. I always wondered how she manage to cook so many dishes herself. Anytime, she can easily whip up these dishes for ten people or more. For me, it will probably take the whole day to prepare these dishes.

What We Ate for Dinner One
2 white pomfrets steamed with savoury paste.
Sambal petai with minced meat.
(Stinky beans and minced meat cooked with spicy prawn paste)
Woo Tau Kau Yoke
(Steamed taro yam and pork belly with fermented bean curd)
Egg Omelette
Fried minced meat patties
Mixed vegetables
My bowl of watercress soup
*     *     *     *     *
What We Ate For Dinner Two
Black vinegar Pig's Trotter with ginger.
(one of her signature dishes)
Chicken - can't remember exactly how it was cooked.
Fat Beans and Brinjals (eggplant) with minced meat.
This consists of glass noodle, bean curd and Chayote (pear shape veg).
Slices of Chinese sausages
Mustard green veg cooked with fish balls and meat
Egg omelette with Chayote pear veg
Thanks to our friend! We enjoyed your dinners very much!
*     *     *     *     *
Just after we left our friends' home, we receive a call from another friend asking us whether we were keen to join them for some late night coffee at Starbucks. So instead of driving home, we drove to Starbucks to join our friends.
Late night coffee crave.
My regulars are coffee with Hazelnut or chocolate chip.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
A pair of geese behind an old folks home.
These geese got very excited when they saw me.
I like the white goose with the orange beak.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

White hair is a crown of glory and is seen most among the godly.
(Proverbs 16:31, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. i am so full now by looking at these...

    https://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hello Nancy¡

    Ummmm!! That tasty! Nancy. I get the smell / taste from your kitchen and open me the appetite, and is having a pint that are to eat them, that ground beef and beans. Your kitchen is four michelin stars. Congratulations.
    Happy weekend, and a kiss along my gratitude.

    ¡Hola Nancy!

    ¡Ummmm!!!! ¡Que sabrosos platos! Nancy. Me llega el olor y el sabor desde tu cocina y se me abre el apetito y, es que tienen una pinta que están para comérselos, esa carne picada y los frijoles. Tu cocina es de cuatro estrellas michelín.
    Enhorabuena.

    Un beso y feliz fin de semana, junto a mi gratitud.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marina! That is good news for my friend who cooked the dinner for us.

      Delete
  3. You are blessed to have good friends and ones that can cook too! Hospitality is always so welcome. Enjoy your weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful! Feeling blessed! Have a great new week!

      Delete
  4. How yummy! I love every single dish, but that steamed taro dish particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the home cooked dishes except for the lap cheong! Your friends are good cooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! Lap cheong will take last place on the list. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Hello, Nancy! It is great to enjoy a good meal with friends. The food looks yummy! The geese are cute, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely geese, although they are often mean.

    Your friend is a wonderful chef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! Better to keep our distance from the geese.

      Delete
  8. Hello Nancy!:) It's taken me a while to visit after being away for so long. Happy New Year Nancy!:=) My goodness, what a wonderful variety of cooked dishes, and they all look delicious. Your friend
    is a good cook, and it's so nice that you could share this home made food with friends. I like the white goose too. We have two white one,...they are like guard dogs, and let us know when someone approaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to have your back again, my friend! If not for my garden, I too would love to keep some white geese!

      Delete
  9. Both meals look fabulous. I love eating at home very much. You can relax and do things on your schedule not the restaurants schedule.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Home cook dinner is still the best!

      Delete
  10. So much beautiful food. I don't know how your friends do it! I can barely make two dishes at once without burning something. I believe this is a talent. We LOVE Starbucks!! and geese of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer Meal One and got my favourite watercress soup too!

    Meal Two also nice, I like Chinese Sausages!

    You are so lucky Nancy, to be able to enjoy these dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. White pomfrets are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite my fortune in being able to try lots of different restaurants, still, one of my favourite ways of dining is in a friend's home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a blessing to dine in a friend's house!

      Delete
  14. It is so nice to eat home cooking, that someone else has cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You friend can could so well. Everything so sumptious. Blessed to have such friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How come I don't have friends such as these??? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Sorry I am not a good cook or else I will invite you over for dinner! Lol!

      Delete
  17. Tienes muy buenos amigos. Feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the food like always supper yummy darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's about a week's worth of main courses in our house. Tonight we are having Pad Thai.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many dishes! Everyone must have enjoyed the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omigosh ..what an amazing friend you have, Nancy. That is a wonderful meal! I hope to master similar dishes one day. So homey and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I know you will be able to master these dishes.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...