Sunday 31 December 2017

Lunch With Friends At Wan Li Xiang Roasters, Ipoh.

I was at a friend's house and just before I wanted to leave, my friend suggested going for lunch because she wanted to introduce a new place to me. As I am always game to try a new place, I agreed and together with her hubby, we drove to this new place with her directing the way. My friend did the ordering because they are regular customers. 
 Roast pork and char siew (sweet bbq pork)
The skin of the roast pork was very crunchy.
Crispy deep fried abalone mushrooms and baby French beans with salted egg yolk. I love this dish!
Black vinegar pig's trotter in clay pot - very appetizing dish.
 Stir fried sweet potato leaves in prawn sauce.
Overall, it was a delicious lunch but we couldn't finish the food and ended up taking home most of the food. Total cost of lunch including rice and drink for 3 people = MYR 66.40 
 Picture on the wall.
Address: Wan Li Xiang Roaster,
No. 2, 4-6, Susuran Pasir Puteh, Taman Sentosa, Ipoh.
I have yet to try their roast duck.
We enjoyed the lunch very much and we have booked a table for 10 people for the new year eve's dinner. In a few hours time, we will be bidding 2017 goodbye and will be welcoming the new year 2018! See you next year!

WISHING EVERYONE A
BLESSED NEW YEAR
IN 2018!

37 comments:

  1. The french beans and mushrooms with salted egg yolk sounds appetizing. I would like that.

    Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very delicious lunch! Love esp. those bbq pork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch looks heavenly. I would have enjoyed some of each dish. I love your New Years plans with your friends too. Excellent way to ring in the new year.

    Have a fabulous day and a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning my wife, my daughter and I went out for breakfast on the 31st, 2017. Tomorrow is it.

    " HAPPY NEW YEAR " Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, the pork looks delicious! Nancy, I wish you all the best in 2018, Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muy buena comida. Feliz 2018. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that crispy deep fried beans are so yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and all the best!!!

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Basia! All the best for the brand new year!

      Delete
  9. So the picture of the ducks (looks like it was taken with a fish eye lens)...are these ones they raise to cook? Talk about FRESH! Did you see any on the property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ginny. The only ducks I saw were all roasted!

      Delete
  10. I love char siew and roast pork.

    I have not tried salted egg French Beans and Mushrooms before, sounds tasty.

    Happy New Year Nancy!

    May 2018 be a blissful, peaceful and smooth year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! Wishing you all the best for the new year!

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year to you and your family! 4 dishes for 3 pax is a bit too much I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! Happy new year to you and love ones!

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year, Nancy! The roast pork and char siew platter looks great. In fact all the dishes I like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! Happy New Year to you and love ones!

      Delete
  13. Happy New Year to you and family...

    Has been a while since I had pig trotter as I cutting down on eating pork...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and mom! I love this pig trotter dish, can eat once in a while.

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year! Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! Happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  15. I love roast pork with crunchy skin, that's the best part!

    Can't go wrong with salted egg heh - first time I've seen it on these vegs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go back for the crunchy skin roast pork and the salted egg french beans.

      Delete
  16. The restaurant's picture on the wall is quite a sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have nice wall decorations but I only managed to capture this one.

      Delete
  17. hi the pork looks delicious! Nancy, I wish you all the best in 2018, Happy New Year to you and your family.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...