Friday 30 June 2017

Seafood Lunch At Makanan Jeti, Simpang Ampat, Penang.

This is a continuation of yesterday's post where we arrived at the seafood eatery named Restoran Makanan Laut Jeti or Jetty Seafood Restaurant at 1249, Bagan Bukit Tambun, 1411 Simpang Ampat. It is located just next to the Simpang Ampat jetty.
 These are my foodie team waiting for this slow auntie to click her camera.
 Passing our time taking snapshots while waiting for the food to be served.
 Fishing boats next to the restaurant.
 It is a long weekend and a long break for the fishermen.
 Good thing the restaurant still has enough of seafood supply to serve the customers.
 But we were disappointed when told that crabs were not available.
 For starter, we ordered this plate of blanched or boiled Snails @ MYR 10.60
This is my first time attempting to eat these snails.
 I started with this Spiky Snail. Used a sharp bamboo pick to pull out the succulent flesh.
 Next, I tried this. Another type of snail. The shell was not the smooth type but slightly hairy.
 This is the underside of a cooked snail.
I am posting all these photos for sweet memories.
 Again, use the bamboo pick to pull out the succulent flesh. It came out easily.
 A friend helping to hold up the flesh for the camera.
 Dip the succulent flesh into the chili sauce before eating.
 A closer look...notice the piece of hard lid (operculum) attached to the flesh? This cannot be eaten.
 3rd types of sea snails I have eaten that day.
All the flesh of the 3 different types of snails tasted almost the same.
 Oyster omelette @ MYR 18.02
We also had Clams (Lala) but no photo to show @ MYR 19.08
 Spicy stir fried potato leaves with fresh prawns @ MYR 8.48
Teochew style Steamed Grouper fish @ MYR 76.32
The fish was very fresh and delicious.

Total cost of lunch for 4 people including 4 rice (s) & herbal drink.
MYR 148.60 (approx. 34.61 USD) with 6% GST included.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by a fisherman
- he casts a net into the water and gathers in fish of every kind,
valuable and worthless. When the net is full,
he drags it up onto the beach and sits down and
sorts out the edible ones into crates and throws the others away.
(Matthew 13:47-48, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It also tastes yummy! The oysters were very fresh!

      Delete
  2. Sedap, sedap.. must go again for other food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Just send a message or give a call! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  3. I like snails. I tasted those 3 snails before. Dipped into the chilli sauce.


    Oooo. Oyster omelette. I also super like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, Its my first time, most adventurous this time round. Oyster was good! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. This place is worth going back. Next round hope to taste their crab dish. Have a great weekend, Sharon!

      Delete
  6. Olá, adoro Búzios, uns são búzias e outros búzios, é um petisco muito apreciado na minha zona, as fotos são excelentes.
    Bom fim de semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AG. This is the first time learning to eat snails. Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  7. ...what interesting looking boats, snails just don't look so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Its my first time eating these snails. It surprised me that I quite like the snails. Ha ha!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  10. Hello, Nancy, I love seafood but have never tried snails. I like the views of the boats and water. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Before this I have never dare try snails but this time I surprised myself and I found that I like these snails! Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  11. I love Escargot. Hubby and I have this whenever we can. Yummy.

    I love your foodie posts. I love your adventure posts too. You do so many fun things.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Life is wonderful when we appreciate good friends and good food. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  12. I don't dare to eat the snails. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Before this, I didn't dare. Surprisingly, I was in an adventurous mood and I ate the snails! Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  13. The snail dish looks interesting and first time seeing the snails eat away right from the shells! Looks u had fun having them along with your friends… among these I could only go with prawns, one of my fav seafood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. Since it was my first time eating these snails, I was fascinated and those those detailed photos. Its a blessing to enjoy good company, good food and a good trip. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  14. Not a fan of snails but I did like the look of the omelette. It was nice to see some of the views and the boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I am also not a fan of snails but it is good to try it out. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  15. The fishing boats and the sea look idyllic but maybe I would skip the snails :) Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. Snails may not appeal to everyone. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  16. Hello Nancy!:) The restaurant is nicely situated. We have eaten and enjoyed escargot served in a white sauce in restaurants in France, but they were much smaller than the ones you show. The omelette, and the prawn dish look good. Your friends look happy girls,...nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. I am now learning to enjoy something which I have never eaten before. I am glad I tried. My friends are a fun and happy bunch! Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  17. It looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, William. We enjoyed our day trip! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  18. Hey, is that Claire that I see? Hi Claire! So much variety! And yes, I do recognize this place. So these boats, is that where they get their fish? Do the boats work for the restaurant? PERFECT bible verse today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ginny, that's Claire and she has posted in her blog too. I think the restaurants buy the fishes from the fishermen. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  19. wow I would like to try boiled snails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Fresh boiled snails are tasty! Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  20. Food and friends make for a wonderful day and lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. Enjoying and appreciating one another's company and good food whenever we can. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  21. Wonderful photos, Nancy! Good food and friends, and lovely smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Thank God for good friends and good food! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  22. it looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. We enjoyed the outing. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  23. I love the shots of the fishing boats! Looks like fun times with your foodie friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Have a fun-filled weekend!

      Delete
  24. Food gave the feeling like I went to the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely view of the sky and boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Fi. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  26. The spicy potato leaves would be my favourite

    Is there supposed to be a clams dish? That is my favourite too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spicy potato leaves was delicious. Yes, we had clams but I must have missed out the clams photo. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  27. Everyone looks like they are having fun!

    I have to say, I have never thought of eating a snail like that. But all the food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. I was surprised that it was so easy to use a bamboo pick to bring out the flesh of the snail. Have a good day!

      Delete
  28. Oo would love a few plates of those appetiser snails. I've tried various types before but never in a mixed platter like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just ordered a plate and it came with mixed snails. Have a happy day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...