Wednesday 21 June 2017

Roof Top Views & Flowers From Tanjung Bungah, Penang.

After walking back from the beach which was a short distance from the hotel, we were still early and breakfast was not ready. We heard of the hotel's roof top swimming pool and we decided to take a look.
Photo #1 - It is an open air roof top swimming pool. We found a worker cleaning the pool.
Photo #2 - The view was good from on top of a 7 storey building.
Photo #3 - Golden reflection of the sunrise on the opposite high rise buildings and also on the railing around us. The stainless steel railing looks like gold railing.
Photo #4 - High rise buildings on the left and open sea on the right. The air was cool. This is the best time to take a morning swim before breakfast. No swimming for me because my swimwear got too tight for me to fit in. Lol!
Photo #5 - Hope you enjoy the photos taken from the roof top.
Photo #6
Photo #7
Photo 8 - From here we can see the main road in the above photo. 
Photo #9 - Pretty cloud formation over the hills.
Photo #10
The following flowers shots on our morning walk near the hotel.
Beautiful yellow and orange Heliconia flowers.
I had these in my garden but they started spreading all over the ground that I had to dug them out.
 I tried growing them in the pots but they didn't do well in pots. 
I also had the dark purple leafy plant on the right. It is the Cordyline red plants. They were removed from the garden when we replaced the old garden fence.
These Heliconia plants make good hedges around a building.
These colourful flowers and their leaves are great for flower arrangements.
Deep Pink Ixora flowers.

Linking to Floral Bliss.

And why do you worry about clothes?
See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed
like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field,
which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire,
will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith?
(Matthew 6:28-30, New International Version-NIV)

62 comments:

  1. I love looking at the view from a high place/building. Lovely view from the swimming pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am glad we check out the swimming pool to get these lovely view. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. the heliconia looks like got some pink petals other than the orange and yellow petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, I must have missed the pink but the camera picked it up. Or could it be the camera that did the change of colour? Lol!

      Delete
  3. Prédios que são autenticos gigantes.
    Um abraço.
    Autografos Futebol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. High rise buildings are rising fast.

      Delete
  4. I love the colorful flowers in particular the yellow and orange heliconias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Pretty colours to brighten up the morning. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous views & photos! We can buy heliconias here as pot plants in the wintertime. Their blooms are very decorative and last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. I like heliconias because of the pretty colours. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. Wow, that was an impressive pool, what an amazing view. Beautiful flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful views and flowers. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it looks like we are living the life of luxury now,lol. Excelent photos, love the Strelitzia flowers.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gordon. We are very blessed. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  9. Such gorgeous views! And beautiful flowers, Nancy! I hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a pool. Did you go into the water? The view was beautiful and those flowers were unbelievable. I loved the colors. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. No, I didn't go into the water. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  11. I love the flower photos!!! So nice. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely place and I love the rooftop pool. Very nice.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. You saw some colourful flowers on your walk. It's interesting to learn that you can grow them so easily that they make a good hedge!
    Wishing you a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have to be control by boundary or else they will spread all over the place. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  14. Really great post! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Penang, I very much hope to get back there soon as your photos have reminded me!
    Have a great week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, W.Wren. I too am thinking of going back for another visit. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  16. It's so gorgeous. It reminds me of Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robert. I have not been to Hawaii. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. The city views are beautiful! The buildings sparkle in the sun. I have never seen a pool like this!! It is amazing!! And your flowers are gorgeous! I love the pink & yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I love roof top views. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  18. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rooftop photos are wonderful, and i really do like those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Nancy! The photos are really amazing! I love that you went up there and gave us beautiful view from the top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are some wonderful views you captured from the roof top. I love the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  22. The scenery is beautiful, Nancy. I can imagine sunsets and sunrise from this height ..would be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I only caught the sunrises but missed out on the sunsets. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  23. You got wonderful views from the roof top and I liked more the ones on open sea… stunning light and reflection from the sunrise. The flowers were pretty and colorful and the yellow pick combo is very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Diving in that pool would give a whole new meaning to "High Dive!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. That would be terrific!

      Delete
  25. I have heliconias too and yes, they spread all over. Now everywhere I dig in the flower bed also there is a heliconia root in the way aiyo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..Stacy, I had the same problem. Finally, I dug up the whole garden to get rid of the roots.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...