Thursday 1 June 2017

Golden Girls' Lunch At Morganfields, Ipoh.

This time instead of 4 golden girls, only 3 golden girls met up for lunch. 1 golden girl had a appointment so she couldn't join us. We wanted to eat somewhere else but this place only opens to customers at 12 pm sharp. We were there at 11.30 am. Since my car was parked, I suggested to look for a place nearby. Parking is a problem in Greentown Business Centre. I looked opposite and saw Morganfield's.

The 3 of us walked across to take a look. The place was opened and they were ready to receive their customers. I think we were their first customers that day. After we have seated, we were given the menu for set lunches. And we decided on the following sets. The sets consist of a main dish, soup of the day or a salad and a soft drink. For those who didn't want the soft drink, we can order fruit juice at MYR 2.90. All 3 of us don't want the sugary soft drink and we opted for the fruit juice.
Both my friends chose sweet corn chowder and I chose salad.
My friends enjoyed this creamy soup.
 Fresh and crunchy salad for me.
Instead of each one taking a main dish, we decided to share the main dishes. Then we get to taste all 3 dishes.
 Herb chicken with mushroom sauce, coleslaw and French fries @ MYR 17.90
 Pork Schnitzel with mushroom sauce, coleslaw and French fries @ MYR 18.90
I think both the chicken and this pork dish have the same mushroom sauce.
 BBQ Rib or Sticky Bones with coleslaw and French fries @ 34.90
Out of the 3 main dishes, this is our favourite and we like the French fries too.
 Carrot juice and orange juice for my friends and
non sweetened green apple juice for me. 2.90 x 3 = MYR 8.70.
Beer and alcohol posters on the outside wall.
More beer posters on the wall. 
 They have both air con and non air con seating places. We chose the one with air con.
 Another beer poster on a pillar.
Address: Morganfield's, 19G & 21, Persiaran Greentown 4,
Greentown Business Centre, Ipoh.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences.
These photos were from the garden in front of the Ipoh Railway Station.
 Low white fence in the front and taller white fence at the back.
White wooden fence and wooden trellis.

Linking to Good Fences.

Every one who conquers will be clothed in white,
and I will not erase his name from the Book of Life,
but I will announce before my Father and his angels that he is mine.
(Revelation 3:5, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. Your last two pictures are so pretty! The meal with the fries looks the best to me! They have good variety! They must also have lots of different brands of beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I won't mind going back for the pork ribs or sticky bones. Maybe many will come for the beer in the evening. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to go eat ribs at Morganfields for many years now but till today I have not been there yet. The price for your fruit juice is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...this retiree don't even know about Morganfield's until we chance upon the place. The ribs is worth going back for. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. The sticky ribs looks fingerlickingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Yes, yes, finger licking delicious. Lol!

      Delete
  4. I'd have gone for sticky ribs and not bothered with anything else hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I go back, I know what I will order without looking at the menu....sticky ribs!

      Delete
  5. Oh I see that you have Morganfields in Ipoh! I went twice. First time had ribs and was was shocked how big it was LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I didn't even know anything about Morganfields. I wouldn't mind going back for the ribs again. Yums!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed seeing the photos for Good Fences, the gardens were a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. Have an enjoyable weekend!

      Delete
  7. ...I like 'free beer here...tomorrow only'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...that is what the poster says....tomorrow only.....

      Delete
  8. Good food, nice gardens behind good fences, a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place with delicious looking meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. We happened to find this great place recently just because the other place was not open for business yet.

      Delete
  10. I had a tastes of each dish. Very delicious looking.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Pork Schnitzel with mushroom sauce sure looks good. Yum, yum, yum. It's nice that you go out with your friends once in awhile. I make sure that my cousin, his brother, my uncle ( 87 years old ) and me go for lunch every Thursday. Unfortunately Dan has to go see his doctor today. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. We try to meet as often as we can and we either go for breakfast or lunch. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  12. Boa tarde, bela refeição que mostra atravez das belas fotos, certamente que a do Frango é a minha favorita.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AG. They served the whole chicken leg with mushroom sauce. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  13. Those fence shots really draw my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dishes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm those sticky ribs make my mouth water. Great selection of photos. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I would love to go back for the sticky ribs again. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  16. I would love to try that herb chicken with mushroom sauce, yum yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet corn chowder looks delicious too

      Delete
    2. We would prefer the herb chicken with more mushroom sauce. Love the French fries.

      Delete
    3. My friends said the soup was creamy and very tasty.

      Delete
  17. wow as usual great food and fantastic fence Love Gosia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  18. I love the last two photos. The sky is so dramatic in the second to last one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Herb chicken with mushroom sauce is very enticing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. The mushroom sauce is very tasty. Have a good day!

      Delete
  20. I love your fence shots! the food looks interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  21. There's a Morganfields in KL as well. I've never tried it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a nice place for foodie outings with family and friends.

      Delete
  22. The post reminds me the school days where we share the lunch from each other boxes. Nice dishes and juices
    Love the garden in front of the railway station and beautiful fence arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. Whenever we girls meet up for meals, we like to order multiple dishes to share, tasting a bit of everything. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  23. Looks like some tasty food (stuff I recognized). Loved your pretty fences/flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida. These are Western cuisine. Have a great day!

      Delete
  24. I love these fences, white being my favourite colour. The garden is well kept and pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. The garden has improved from my previous photos. I too love white fences. Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...