Saturday 10 June 2017

Famous Kai Si Hor Fun (chicken noodles) at Restoran Pulau Sembilan.

On the last Saturday of May, we went to Restoran Pulau Sembilan at Jalan Bunga Raya 5, Taman Boon Bak for breakfast. This is our friends' first time and we wanted to introduce them to the famous chicken noodle also known as kai si hor fun.
All four of us ordered this chicken noodle or kai si hor fun.
This is one of the best kai si hor fun in Ipoh.
The soup is very precious and very little soup is given. 
 We ordered a plate of fried flat rice noodle or char koay teow to share.
*     *     *     *     *
After breakfast, our friends wanted to stop at Aunty Lee's Cake Shop in Pasir Puteh, which is near to the Pasir Puteh wet market.
 My friend highly recommended this Japanese light and fluffy swiss roll with durian filling. Being a durian lover, I too bought a pack or a roll to try.
You can see the durian filling with whipped cream here. You can even taste the lumpy durian flesh! Yums! Besides durian, there are many other flavours and fillings.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
All photos were from my garden.
 A brown grasshopper hugging or chewing on my hibiscus bud. 
 It didn't fly away even when I went close to it.
 It was still there hugging the flower bud even after I have finished watering all my plants.
 A light brown dragonfly perching on a lemon leaf.
 Dragonfly are fast and they fly away every time I go near but this time this dragonfly stayed put.
Next, I saw this tiny fly on my cabbage leaf. It also didn't fly away when I went near it. What a blessed day it was. The critters were all willing posers for my camera.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Restore to me again the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.
(Psalm 51:22, The Living Bible-TLB)

55 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful gardener that even the bugs pose for you! Love the dragonfly! What is it that makes this soup so precious and special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I suppose the soup recipe is well guarded and many tried to come as close to it but somehow they all didn't taste as good as this. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. A joy to see the dragonfly, posing for you. I loved the look of the durian swiss roll, I would love to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the durian swiss roll and I am thinking of going back to the shop to buy more.

      Delete
  3. I would prefer less soup because I only drink one or two spoonfuls of soup, that's it. Hahaha, all the insects are so cooperative for your photo ops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Usually I don't drink the soup of noodles but this is an exception. We don't get thirsty after drinking the soup.

      Delete
  4. I have never tasted durian but the roll looks delicious! Lovely to see the critters in your garden. You're right...dragonflies are hard to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The critters are too busy eating that's they ignored your camera. :-)

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ishmael. I think you are right. They are enjoying their meal! Have a blessed day too!

      Delete
  6. Good food and critters that behave for the camera -- sounds like a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. That was indeed a good day!

      Delete
  7. ...this lacy wing on the dragonfly are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must try this famous kai si hor fun. Durian filling in swiss roll. Er, I pass. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The famous kai si hor fun is worth trying. So you don't like durian? Lol!

      Delete
  9. Hello, Nancy, the swiss roll looks yummy. Love the dragonfly images, very pretty. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots of the dragon fly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that stirfried flat noodle dish! So comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodle is well fried and tasty. Have a good day!

      Delete
  12. Terrific macro shots of the insects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dragonfly is beautiful, the grasshopper is a pest though pretty!! Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After taking photos of grasshoppers, I will try to chase them away. Have a good day too!

      Delete
  14. Hello Nancy! Lovely looking swiss roll dessert!
    Great to snap pics of the grasshopper and dragonfly!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything sure looks very good especially the Japanese light and fluffy swiss roll with durian filling. By the way, what is durian filling? It sure looks scrumptious See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The durian filling is made from the flesh of the durian fruit. It is a big thorny fruit with yellowish flesh. The fresh fruit has a very strong smell. But when made into filling, the smell is lessen.

      Delete
  16. I had to look up durian to see what it is...always learning stuff from blogging if I take the time to look up stuff. Nice captures of the critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you now know what is a durian. Either you love it or hate it and I love durians. Have a good day!

      Delete
  17. omg, this swiss roll with durian filling looks so delicious :) I wanna try this :)
    www.evelinebison.pl

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd never heard of that filling till now, I looked it up, it sounds interesting. Like the bug shots too.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gordon. Take care too and have a lovely day!

      Delete
  19. so i need to have a lot of research on that noodle called kai si hor, that looks so yummy and spicy!!!! take me wth you sometimes nancy please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve. I know you will love this noodle. It looks red and spicy but it is not spicy at all. Have a great day!

      Delete
  20. I would love to eat the durian swiss roll! Oh, grasshoppers! They also love to eat my hibiscus buds :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my photo shoot, I will chase away the grasshoppers. Have a good day!

      Delete
  21. I love Ipoh Hor Fun with chicken and prawns

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the really great post! Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is the swiss roll the same style as at JJ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, I can't remember how JJ taste like. Probably something like it.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...