Wednesday 14 June 2017

Crossing Over To Penang By Ferry.

After a delicious and satisfying lunch at Restoran Floating Seafood Paradise (click here for details), we hit the road again. Coming out from the restaurant onto the main road, I managed to get some nice photos of the shops along the road.
Something interesting on the wall of the shop houses caught my eyes. Ha ha...should have asked hubby to stop the car but never thought of it at that time.
A closer look at the wall mural.
Multi coloured shop houses. The old building on the right vs the new building on the left.
On our way to the Penang Ferry Jetty. We have decided to take the ferry across to Penang island instead of using the bridge.
Using the Waze app to direct us to the new Penang Ferry Terminal. No wonder this route doesn't look familiar to us.
 The new Penang Sentral Terminal is still under construction.
Which lane to take? Left or right.....
Going up the ramp....
The wordings in red - turn off the engine while waiting for the ferry.
Our car was the first in line waiting for the ferry.
The ferry rate for cars is MYR 7.70 (approx. 1.81 USD).
Getting onto the ramp to the top level of the ferry.
Entering the ferry to park 1st place.
All cars' engine turned off. It takes about 15 minutes to reach the other side. We got out from our car to enjoy the sea breeze. Time for some photography!
This is how our ferry looks like.
Passing another ferry coming from Penang island.
Skyline of Butterworth - viewed from the ferry.
Seats for passengers in the centre. Cars parked at the sides 
Passing another ferry.
Coastline of Penang island in the background.
Can you see the Penang bridge in the far distance on the left?
We are approaching Penang island. The cruise ship "Libra" on the right.
Skyline of Penang island from the ferry.
Reaching our destination.
Ferry getting into place.....
One last photo before I got into the car.
More to come in tomorrow's post.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Floral Bliss.
Healthy ginger plants and pretty ginger flowers from my friend's garden.
Photo credit goes to my friend who sent me these photos.
Peace Lily Flower from my garden
Red Cockscomb flower from my garden.
Once the seeds matured and dispersed, you will get lots of seedlings in the garden.

Linking to Floral Bliss.

If he sows to please his own wrong desires,
he will be planting seeds of evil and
he will surely reap a harvest of spiritual decay and death;
but if he plants the good things of the Spirit,
he will reap the everlasting life that the Holy Spirit gives him.
(Galatians 6:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. I have never seen a real ferry. I love the way these are pained, so pretty and bright!! It would make you very happy when riding on it. The mountains and skyline in the background are so pretty. And the building art is fabulous! It is a trick of the eye, and makes the wall look like there is a whole other place! Great colors on the buildings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I like riding on a ferry where I can feel the sea breeze blowing on my face and my hair getting all messed up! I hope to go back to that place to take a closer look at the wall mural. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. What a nice experience, Nancy. We tried the ferry too - last year! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going on the ferry is more relaxing and more things to see. Have a lovely day, Sharon!

      Delete
  3. An interesting way to look at Penang from the sea. I dont mind the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. It is an enjoyable ride with great view. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos but that wall mural is amazing I really love it. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful serious and progress with your ferry ride… and really cool to take the cars along! love the way walls displayed the mural and row of colourful shops.

    Interesting ginger plant and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Nancy, lots to see and enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belos ferrys e gostei muito do mural.
    Um abraço.
    Autografos Futebol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo I thought of trying out the ferry my last trip there. But that was at the lat minute and I was afraid might have to wait a long time for the ferry to arrive.

    That peace lily looks like an anthurium. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Your girls will enjoy riding a ferry. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  9. How interesting! I might have taken a ferry when I was a little girl. Can't remember what it was like. Your friend's ginger flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Nowadays, we usually take the bridge. I like the ginger flower too! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  10. I didn't know cars could take ferry, so jakun me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..here in Penang you can. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  11. i like the blue sky on the wall mural. what an experience to use the ferry instead of using one of the two bridges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We normally use the bridge but our friend wanted to ride the ferry. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  12. Great city views, I enjoyed very much. The shops' facades are so colorful & the mural is interesting. Ginger looks beautiful... Have a lovely day Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful views, and I love seeing the store fronts! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penang makes me think of a blogger who is no longer active in blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, hope you and the blogger are in contact with each other.

      Delete
  15. There are ferries on the delta here and we've crossed with our vehicles. It's very fun.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too enjoy riding on a ferry. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  16. My first ride on a ferry was just a couple of years ago, it is an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I am glad you had an interesting experience. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  17. Lovely post! Great photos!
    kiss:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ferries are always a joy, I have to travel by ferry to get to/from the Island that I live on. Loved the mural, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. So you get to travel by ferry very often, just like we travel by car. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  19. As always wonderful post! Thanks for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great collection of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. I hope you enjoyed the pics.

      Delete
  21. I've never taken the ferry. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. You can try once to experience the ride. Have a great day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...