Monday 14 November 2016

Breakfast At Yee Fatt & Dinner At Yee Lock, Ipoh.

When I was younger, I must have rice for both lunch and dinner everyday. If I do not take rice, I will still feel hungry and unsatisfied. No, I am not exaggerating. As I grow older, I find that I do not need to eat rice every meal. In fact, I can go without rice for many days and not miss rice at all!

This is one of the days that I do not have rice but noodles for both lunch and dinner. We started the day with breakfast at Kedai Kopi Yee Fatt. The shop is opposite the Methodist Girls' Secondary School near to the Kampar Road roundabout, Ipoh. We love their "messy" dry version curry mee/noodles.
- Breakfast for 2 people -
Just look at the generous amount of thick curry gravy the covers the plate of noodle and yummy ingredients. Hubby usually orders the dry version chicken curry noodle.
I will usually end up with dry version curry chicken noodle with added char siew (bbq pork). All hidden by the thick curry gravy.
This is the reason why I called it "messy" curry mee. When I mixed the noodle with the curry gravy, I get a plate of "messy" noodle but a very yummy one!
Sometimes we will add a few pieces of goodies or liew.

Next, is our dinner without rice at Restoran Yee Lock, Jalan Raja Musa Aziz (formerly Anderson Road), Ipoh new town. We were with a friend that evening.

- Dinner for 3 people -
For starter, 2 pieces of popiah or non-fried spring rolls.
Then we ordered a plate of stir fried mixture of yellow noodle + rice vermicelli.
We also ordered a plate of stir fried flat rice noodle (koay teow). The spicy sauce (sambal belacan) - a must have when eating these noodles.
We uncovered the hidden prawns from under the noodles for the camera.
I saw these shellfish on a table and I order a plate for our table too but the taste was not to what I expected. To be fair, maybe I was comparing it to what I have tasted elsewhere. Now at this moment, I am thinking of sweet sour crabs. Lol!

Can horses run on rocks? Can oxen plow the sea?
Stupid even to ask - but no more stupid than what you do
when you make a mockery of justice and
corrupt and sour all that should be good and right.
(Amos 6:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

63 comments:

  1. The portions are quite large and generous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 3 of us couldn't finish the noodles.

      Delete
  2. These dishes are such a feast! I love rice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I have cut down on my rice intake.

      Delete
  3. I love the dry version curry noodles. What you ordered looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time we go try their crabs, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please! I so miss the sweet sour crabs. Long time didn't eat.

      Delete
    2. Make a trip to Ipoh, quick! Hahahaha....

      Delete
  5. I used to able to eat noodles for lunch and dinner, but cos of digestive, now i can only eat noodles, either for lunch or dinner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noodles are easier to digest. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. Your cuisine is totally different frim our but yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. I hope one day we will have to chance to taste each other's cuisine.

      Delete
  7. Everything looks delicious, great range of dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My breakfast will look quite different today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A noodle post. Curry mee for me.

    I am a rice person. I dont mind havinv rice every day. Haha.

    I like the snail dish. Over here we call it "cut cut" because of the sound we make when we suck the flesh out. Lol. Long time didnt have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I want to have the snail dish again. Not satisfied with this one.

      Delete
  10. Uma bela variedade de pratos.
    Um abraço e boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  11. All looks delicious. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yummy on everything. I would have enjoyed both meals. You two go to the greatest place to dine.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gravy on the noodle is so enticing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dear!
    I like your blog so much!
    Following you from now :)
    I will be very happy if you follow me back :)

    Love,
    Valeria

    valerianest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valeria. I am also following you.

      Delete
  17. It sounds like that certainly appeals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks very tasty to me. That last dish looks like a shell fish we get here, I find them a little tough if they are the same. Have a great week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I don't know whether they are the same or not but if this one is overcooked, it will be tough too. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  19. I love balitong...but I normally cook at home :) the fried koay teow from here is my favorite too...yummz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elin. Maybe I should cook my own balitong at home. Ha ha.

      Delete
  20. The messy curry mee looks so mouthwatering, Nancy. I've tried this dish before at a different place but the curry gravy wasn't as thick as this one! Yours look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Tijana. Have a nice week too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the food are so scrumptious ..

    ReplyDelete
  23. That thick and red curry sauce looks gorgeous all right! Usually I just get pale diluted stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. If you want thick curry gravy, this is the place to go to!

      Delete
  24. You're making me so hungry with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Food for my happy.. Very good
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely sight for sore eyes!!!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you, dear. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do not need to eat rice everyday. I like the thick curry, looks like those more sweet ones and I also like the char kway teow which is the wet type. So delicious! I have not eaten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I hope the food photos gave you a good appetite!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...