Friday 7 October 2016

Duck Noodle At Restoran Uncle Hup, Menglembu.

One afternoon, hubby mentioned that he was hungry and he was thinking of eating duck rice and sweet sour veggie (choy keok) at Taman Mas. We love duck dishes and sweet sour veggie (choy keok) and the latter is hard to resist. Upon reaching the place, we found the restaurant closed. No worries for hubby thought of a near by place which also has roast duck. Hubby drove to Restoran Uncle Hup, at Lintasan Kledang Timur 8, Bandar Baru Menglembu.

At Restoran Uncle Hup, hubby changed his mind and ordered stewed duck with ginger and white rice. My choice was roast duck with noodle. No photo to show hubby's lunch because by the time I remembered, he had started on his lunch! So I only managed to snap a photo of my lunch.
Roast duck with noodle is best eaten with pickled green chili.
I love the meaty part - breast meat.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Skywatch Friday & Today's Flowers.
Yellow firecracker flowers from my garden.
 Pretty yellow firecracker blooms.
Photo #1 - sunrise at 7.50 am.
Photo #2 - Sunset at about 7.19 pm.
Photo #3 - Sunset at about 7.20 pm.
Photo #4 - Opposite side facing the sunset at about 7.20 pm.

Linking to Today's FlowersSkywatch Friday.

For we naturally love to do evil things that are the opposite
from the things that the Holy Spirit tells us to do;
and the good things we want to do when the Spirit has his way
with us are just the opposite of our natural desires.
These two forces within us are constantly
fighting each other to win control over us,
and our wishes are never free from their pressures.
(Galatians 5:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. That's certainly a generous portion of duck breast meat they served...it looks delicious with noodles, Nancy:) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. The best part of duck is the breast meat. Happy weekend to you too!

      Delete
  2. Duck noodle for me anytime, anyday!!

    For me, duck breast is the best. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually, nowadays, if i dine with friends, i don't take picture of their foods as they are not blogger, so they will start eating, i will take picture of my own food only...

    The duck looks good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. It depends on the friends I am with but most of them knows about my blogging and they will wait for me to take photos. Some of them even reminded me if I forget.

      Delete
  4. Delicious food and beautiful pictures:)
    kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. De aspecto muito deliciosos aquele prato muito bem apresentado.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good food, Good flowers and Good skies...life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Life is really good. Have a good day!

      Delete
  7. Your duck and noodles look delicious. With duck, I am OK with the breast but not chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love duck breast meat, that is the best part. I agree with you, I do not like chicken breast meat.

      Delete
  8. Postagem encantadora...amei a Verdade desse versículo!
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duck meat looks lean and tender... good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. When eating duck meat, my choice is always the breast meat!

      Delete
  10. I love your firecracker flowers Nancy!
    The skies are pretty amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Fi. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  12. Surely looks delicous, Nancy! Happy Friday to you ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The roast duck looks amazing, what a wonderful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have had the one you had. I love all things noodles. Yummy.

    Your sky shots are beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I love noodles too. Have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  15. Amazing photos, I love those flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like duck noodles but prefer soup version rather than dry version. I also prefer stewed duck than roast duck. I like the duck meat with porridge too. Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I also prefer duck soup esp the herbal soup. Yes, I too like the stewed duck. Actually, I love all duck dishes. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  17. The duck looks delicious, and I love your flower and nature photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the roast duck on noodles looks so good! But my favorite here are those amazing yellow Firecracker flowers! They are gorgeous! I do not think they grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic firecracker flower color!
    Now i am hungry! Got to make dinner....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Villrose. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  20. The meal looks delicious and I love noodles :) The flowers are beautiful and so is the sky. Thank you for once again sharing with Today's Flowers Nancy, and I wish you a very happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise for hosting. Have a happy weekend too!

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  22. Wow, those are pretty skies! I especially like #2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband loves duck dishes and I love the orange flower! Happy weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also like to eat duck breast meat! Lucky your husband knows of another place to eat duck or else he would be so disappointed that the shop is closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where roast ducks is concerned, we have many options near our place so he will get to eat the roast duck somehow. Lol!

      Delete
  25. Food, flowers, skies, and a great scripture. You have the perfect blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi for your kind comments. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  26. I'm not really a fan of duck (roasted or braised) but this duck noodle looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just the opposite. I am a great fan of duck! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  27. So neither of you got the 'choy keok' haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Stacy, you noticed that we didn't have choy keok! Actually it was more for the choy keok but no choy keok for that day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...