Thursday 25 August 2016

An Invitation To A Special Celebration.

Few mornings ago I saw a missed call on my smart phone when I came in after I have finished watering the plants in my garden. I usually carry my smart phone with me when I am in my garden just in case I come across something interesting that I would want to capture with my camera. But that particular morning, I didn't have the phone with me. I left it charging in my room. The missed call number was not listed in my list of contacts, so I didn't return the call. Just before I could put down the phone on the table again, the phone started to ring and its the same number again.

I answered the call and immediately I recognized the voice of a good friend of mine. She explained that she is using her daughter's number because she dropped her smart phone and she has yet to get a new phone. It seemed they are now preparing her pair of granddaughters (who are twins) for their first Holy Communion, She wanted to share the good news with me and also to book me for the celebration day.
A child's first Holy Communion is something new to me and here are what I have learned from my friend. Her granddaughters will be celebrating their 7th birthday soon and for the first time they will participating in the sharing of the bread and wine together with their family. It will be a special day for the girls and family. On that special day, the girls will wear white communion dresses together with veils. These are symbols of their purity and religious commitment.
I can imagine the little girls' excitement as they are being prepared for that special day. They will be like little brides all dressed up in their "first communion dresses  and going through the orders of the special event.
I assured my friend that I will attend and witness her granddaughters' special occasion. I am looking forward to see the cute little "brides" dressed in their communion dresses. The above images are from http://mariacommunion.com/.

20 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post, love the dresses! x

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy!:) I'm sure you will enjoy the church service and the young girls in their white dresses. Both my grandchildren did their 1st and second communion, and it was a vey special family occasion. I love all these pretty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. I am sure your grandchildren had wonderful experiences on their 1st and 2nd communion! I too love the pretty dresses.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful, such a very special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. A very special day for the family!

      Delete
  4. That is what catholics kids do. She could be my sister because she is also young. Nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dresses so elegant. In my country First Comunion is really popular in May every yeear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. First time I came to know about First Communion.

      Delete
  6. I can't recall the last time I attended a communion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William, this is my first time. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...