Thursday 3 March 2016

Wanton Mee And Roasted Pork In Kg. Simee, Ipoh.

One afternoon, my hubby and I were in town for some banking purposes. After we have finished our banking, I called up a friend to say that we were on our way to pick her up for lunch. It was about 12.30 pm and it was a very hot day.
A friend told us about the wanton noodle in Kampung Simee, Ipoh. We were on our way to try the noodle and also we wanted to eat the roasted pork,
Hubby bought this roasted pork from a van parked outside a coffee shop.  I did a Google map search and I saw the shop name as Kopitiam Sin Lok Yee. This shop is just besides the Kg. Simee wet market. My friend and I were seated at the diagonally opposite coffee shop which is Restoran Ping Zhang. Both coffee shops were at the cross junction where Jalan Pasar and Lebuh Raya 3, Kg. Simee meet.
 We ordered wanton noodle. It came without any topping.
 And a bowl of wantons. If I remembered rightly, the noodle and wanton cost RM 3.50. Most of the customers ordered from this wanton noodle stall.
 After sending our friend home, we went to collect some stuffs from a friend's shop.
 Looking at the sky, we had better hurry home to take in my laundry which I had left out to dry in the sun. But it only rained in the late evening.
Spotted this horse behind the fence while we were waiting at the traffic lights along Jalan Sultan Iskandar (formerly Hugh Low Street). I quickly took these 2 snapshots before the traffic light turned green!
 Linking with Good Fences.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
(Psalm 20:7, New International Version-NIV)

64 comments:

  1. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a real horse. Lol.

    Nice siew yok. Good to take with your noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I too thought it was a real one. Looked closer, its not real.

      Delete
  3. Hello, the noodles look delicious. I love the pretty horse behind the fence. Great find. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I actually didn't expect to find the horse there.

      Delete
  4. Hello Nancy!:) What a great looking horse behind the fence, and a great fence scene. The pork dish and wanton noodles look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. I too like the horse.

      Delete
  5. neat, neat sculpture! the pork looks good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nancy! I am amazed by the variety and reasonable prices of the food available! It is wonderful!
    The skies are marvellous too and you did well to spot the horse behind the fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I am glad I found the horse tog with the fence for today's meme.

      Delete
  7. Pork and dumplings,
    I bet they tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never left my laundry out when I go out even though the sun is bright for we never know when the sky will turn ugly. Roasted pork looks tasty & the horse is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. I normally will take in my laundry but on that particular day the sun was bright and the laundry was still wet when we went out.

      Delete
  9. Your eyes are very sharp, Nancy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! They so happened to glance the right way.

      Delete
  10. Love the little purple fence and that wonton soup looks so yummy....but all of your food photos are fabulous. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genie. Happy Thursday to you too!

      Delete
  11. Thank you, Denisse. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificas e deliciosas comidas.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful looking horse. Loved the look of the roast pork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous clouds. fence hopping. have a nice day! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the roasted pork too from Kg Simee...as good as the one near your place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elin. Must eat there only nice. By the time reached home, not so nice.

      Delete
  16. Quite an interesting horse sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your wonderful foodie trips. Yummy.

    I also love that horse. Very well done.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely sky pictures. And the food as well! Pork is one of my favourites. Thank you for stopping by space. Would love to visit here often...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kanak Hagjer. Please do visit more often. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  19. Does the wanton noodle stall sell any roast pork? Or they let the van handle all the roast pork order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. The van's roast pork is very popular.

      Delete
  20. Lovely post!xx

    Vildana from :
    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/03/19th-episode-got-me-like.html
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/03/spring-outfits.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. that pork looks AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That horse is great, love it. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great looking horse figure behind the lavendar colored fencing (unusual color for a fence). - Mmmm that pork looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love roasted perk it is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks so delicious :) Now I'm hungry

    ReplyDelete
  26. That horse is fantastic...I sure do love it. And your sky is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That roasted pork looks so moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. It was very moist and still warm.

      Delete
  28. I'm loving that horse, Nancy. Very artistic! Me and wanton mee? Hah! I order it often especially with chicken feet. Have a great weekend, ya xx ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I like wanton mee with chicken feet too!

      Delete
  29. I loves wanton, and never get sick of eating it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I like wantons but not too often. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  30. Pork roast looks very yummy. Interesting post

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, NC Sue for your visit and invitation. I would love to join and I hope I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...