Friday 19 June 2015

Eating Curry Noodle On A Rainy Morning

We woke up in the morning with a very dark, gloomy sky. We then cancelled our early morning walk and instead, went for our breakfast. It was a nice cool day to eat curry noodle and hubby drove to Kampar road. Its been a long time since we last came to Kedai Kopi Yee Fatt. Upon entering the shop, the rain came down.
I remembered the first time I ate curry noodle at this shop. It was about 45 over years ago. We were helping my sister to shift into their new house and I was brought here to have the first taste of this popular curry noodle. I can still recalled it was too hot for me and I was gulping down plenty of plain water. Now I am a lover of curry noodle.
Looking at the menu on the wall increases my appetite.
We both ordered a plate of dry curry noodle (yellow noodle) with curry chicken and BBQ pork. There was a generous serving of creamy curry paste over our noodle. This was hubby's plate without the mint leaves. The mint leaves have gone to my plate. Some of my friends do not like too much curry paste but I do no mind the generous curry paste.
2 cups of herbal tea without the egg. This is too sweet for hubby and I. We must remember not to order this again.

Side order - I see yam puff, I must order! This time it was not as good as the first time we had tasted. I can't remember the new pricing of food with the GST.

Location of shop - at the Kampar Road roundabout, Ipoh. Opposite the Methodist Girls Secondary School.
After our breakfast, we dropped by at the wet market to pick up some things for dinner. By the time we made our way home, the gloomy sky has cleared.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

God stretches the northern sky over empty space
and hangs the earth on nothing.
He wraps the rain in His thick clouds,
and the clouds don't burst with the weight.
(Job 26:7-8, New Living Translation-NLT)

46 comments:

  1. The last time I came here, I shared the plate of curry noodles with my fren... Very big portion....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a big portion. That was our breakfast and lunch he he...

      Delete
  2. Eating curry noodles on a cool & gloomy day is a right choice. The noodles was drown with the curry gravy & portion is huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy filling curry noodle for a rainy day.

      Delete
  3. The food looks sooooo delicious!
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, they're really generous with that curry paste! Would be perfect WITH mint leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we eat curry noodle, my hubby's share of mint leaves always end up on my plate/bowl.

      Delete
  5. That is a generous serving of noodles and curry paste. I think I would like the dish. I'm so amazed that you remember your first visit about 45 years ago. It must be a really good place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Probably it was the first time I ate curry noodle and I was suffering because it was too hot for me...that's why I can remember...lol!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sharon, you will have to list it down under the list of food to try.

      Delete
  7. Nancy, too bad the yam puffs were not that good but at least you got to enjoy the curry noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I enjoyed the curry noodles, so can forget about the yam puff..lol!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post:) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love curry but I'm sure this curry is better than mine. I don't make it very hot and like it with rice.
    It's raining heavy this here so no weeding for me this morning. Maybe a bit of house cleaning, or maybe a lot. hehe.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your curry tastes yummy too. It goes perfectly with rice too. I am also looking to the sky to get things done in my garden.

      Delete
  10. Hello, the food looks delicious! And the sky is beautiful. Wonderful images, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. A happy weekend to you too!

      Delete
  11. very nice. love the curry noodles. one of my favourite when visiting the kopitiam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tasted curry before. I do enjoy hot food so maybe I'll try my next Chinese food with curry. Here, the sun is out but it's a little cool. Hopefully it should warm up soon. Have a wonderful Friday Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like the curry. Over here it is a mixture of hot and wet days! Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  13. Great post !!!Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm telling you, you eat the most wonderful meals. I want some of those noodles. That looks fabulous.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have plenty of varieties here. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  15. Good to see your comfortable restaurant is still doing business, so often they don't last.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. The food looks delicious and great that 45 years later it is still good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the few restaurants from the old day that are still doing business.

      Delete
  17. Your country looks interesting and I would like to visit it one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, please do visit Malaysia and I am sure you will like our country and the food!

      Delete
  18. Very unusual for the breakfast..but very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, we have a wide choice for breakfast!

      Delete
  19. Curry noodle sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stomach filling post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. 45 years ago. That is a very long time. The dry curry mee looks very tasty. Does it have black sauce beneath the curry paste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, yes, it has black sauce beneath the curry paste. It is yummy.

      Delete
  22. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comments. Have a good day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...